1. Login with your Minecraft username and your website password. Get this password on our server with the /password command.

PyroChugsVodka

Discussion in 'Report a Staff Member' started by mayorcow, Aug 1, 2017.

1. mayorcow Insomniac Donator Martis Rank

Okay let me start this off by saying that I am not reporting him because I am salty or mad. This is a actual issue that I have dealt with. First off I was on the server and this is the first time I have ever met this particular staff member. I have been dealt nothing but kindness of this server the WHOLE time I have been on it and I have had no problems. I may not be taken seriously because I am a new player or something but I just want to bring attention to this. Pyro started off by saying he should change his username again and I suggested the username GrammarJew because it was funny to me and I found it on the internet. I maybe should not have used that terminology as it might appear as offense but I thought nothing of it as I did not think of the racial aspect of it. After I said that it was followed by silence and then I was muted. I was thoroughly confused and I was wondering why I was muted. This staff member did not take the time that I was muted (60 seconds) to explain calmly to me why I was muted. After I was muted I repeatedly asked why I was muted because I did not want to make the same mistake again and get a worse penalty because I like this server. After about a few minutes of asking he replied to another person on the server so I asked again. He then explained to me that the other staff members say that "Jew" is racially offensive and I completely understand that. The issue I have here is I was given no warning or no explanation until I asked for one repeatedly. This is a issue because if someone says a word that is not censored by the filter, if it is offensive, they should be given a warning and a explanation as to what they have done. If you do no agree with me that is completely fine I would just like to bring this to the staffs attention. Thank you for your time and have a nice day!:) My IGN: Mayorcow

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  2. PyroGlugsVodka Staff Helper Veneris Rank Plot of the Week Dragon Slayer Wither Friday Top Voter

and i clearly muted you for saying grammarjew because that essentially is a anti semetic remark we do not tollerate anti semitism on this server therefor that is why you got a 1MINUTE MUTE i would say you got lucky it being only 1 minute so i dont see why your so salty about this i let you off easy and this is how you take it....

3. CannonFoddr Staff Moderator Plot of the Week Top Voter

While I agree that a 1min mute for a first offence seems appropriate, what I don't like [IMHO] is that Pyro did seem to of been a little too rash to apply the Mute BEFORE warning you or the way he seemed to ignore you when you were asking why (of course - like me, he may've got called away IRL to do a quick job & missed your requests)

We do have a sort of 'guide' to possible infractions & the following part is what I personally would've considered for the 'offence' you made

Chat Infractions
    Advertising =TempBan/Permanent Ban
    Inappropriate chat / language /links, Bypassing Filter, Harassing, Accusing, Name-calling, Rudeness, Spamming, Caps, Not Responding to Staff, Racism.
    Warning, Mute-short, Mute-long, Kick, Jail-Mute, Tempban, Perm Ban

What you said is what I would've considered as the Red text above shows & as you can see there should of been a 'Warning' first then a 'Mute-Short'.

I'm usually a bit lenient - especially towards new players - for a 'first offence', as it can be difficult to know what the player can & cannot get away with - so I may give a couple of warnings first depending on what's been said.

@Pyro, While you were correct in handing out a punishment.. I would suggest in future to warn first & THEN punish if they continue.
    I don't know how may other players were on at the time, but if it was just you 2 then a polite discussion between yourselves explaining that type of chat was inappropriate would've suffice.
    If there were other players on - I would've been a little more 'firm' and issued a polite warning instead - just so other players also get to know the chat limits as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JaMcSu Nyx Donator Martis Rank

Im not taking sides either way on this matter but I do agree with mayorcow in the sense that she received absolutely no warning whatsoever before being muted and it is true that afterwards Pyro was acting like a bit of a child. Again I am not taking sides on this matter because this is only from my perspective, I do not know what went on, perhaps in DM's. This is the conversation that took place: https://pastebin.com/FeZp8xZN (I did shave this chat down to exclude the non relevant stuff ). Now, mayor was wrong for saying that to Pyro but the biggest thing that stands out to me is that Pyro muted mayor for saying "jew" but did not for others saying "natsi" (which is both offensive to some and a filter bypass) and "gestapo". How is "jew" more offensive than "natsi" and "gestapo"? I know he did not punish at least one person who was saying these things as they were talking in chat frequently. Also, as you can see in the chat-log at [22:33:19] mayor asked why she was muted. She was ignored by Pyro for 3 whole minutes until he replied at [22:36:12]. But he had the ability to tell other players who called him out for muting without a warning to "shut up". Later in the conversation, at [22:39:05] Pyro said he gave her an explanation, of which he did not (in public chat). He may have DM'd her, I really dont know, but as far I can can tell, he did not. Mayor at this point decided to leave because she could tell Pyro had a temper and his nerves were grated at this point. This is when Pyro started acting like a child. At [22:42:08] Pyro said "Now any other children going to get salty because I disciplined them? Anyone?" Seriously Pyro? Just because you are a helper and have some power doesn't mean you can throw your weight around and intimidate other players. I completly agree with what methodphil said at the end of this conversation: "If you're acting like a child yourself. Don't call people children." Thats all I have to say.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. MilkMan_ Staff Helper Veneris Rank Dragon Slayer Wither Friday Top Voter

Now, I would like to help in giving another staff-perspective on this occurrence. Pyro has been a staff member for quite some time now, and has dealt appropriately with many situations in the past. We, as staff, trust in each other to keep the peace on the server at all times. When a staff member makes a disagreeable decision, it is encouraged to ask for an explanation to prevent further disturbances. However, calling out a member of our staff, calling out the very process by which he earned his position, and forming a sort of "us V.S. them" "players V.S. staff" atmosphere is entirely unacceptable. Try and work with the staff, not against them in a defensive manor. And if that doesn't work, harking to others who side with you because they "don't really like" some individual is definitely the wrong move. We are lucky to have a staff member, such as Pyro, who can stand with his argument, not be deterred or phased by ugly comments, and communicate with fellow staff to ensure he does what is necessary.
    And by the way, the delay in his responses for that mute was due to him going to the Staff chat room and confirming his plan of action as he presented it. Sadly, he is forced to tread more carefully that others when it comes to his decisions because he is not given the level of trust that all staff earn when they volunteer to give their time to making the server a more friendly community.

• Like Like x 1
    • Lovely Lovely x 1
  6. mayorcow Insomniac Donator Martis Rank

Mostly the reason I decided to not have a full on discussion with this staff member is because it seemed he was ill tempered and that might result in other issues. I did not want to anger him further by questioning him and such but as you say I am a kinda new member and he has been on a while. :D

• Lovely Lovely x 1
  7. mayorcow Insomniac Donator Martis Rank

Thanks for the chat log and it is true that they did not get a mute either.

• Lovely Lovely x 1
  8. isek Discoverer Moderator Saturni Rank Previous Top Donator Wither Friday Top Voter

I am glad to see you handled your emotions well during this Mayor. Pyro can be a little quick triggered, it's his personality. But i mean he's got a whole air armada that he has to command and i can imagine being such a great general is stressful. ;D but seeing your positive energy and calm personality, i know you can forgive pyro for being trigger happy as he is just trying to keep McDaily our good ol' home. I assure you he will do the same because he isn't mad at you and nobody thinks badly of you for what happened. And honestly, I can totally see pyro getting that name, lets be honest. but yeah, the world isnt blown up. we didnt anger the pyro armada... i can still build redstone.........plz dont blow up the world pyro.. k srry bye

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Woogeroo Haunted Donator Mercurii Rank Previous Top Donator

I think they should just settle it in the Arena.

• Like Like x 1